Early Intervention Group
Goal areas include the following:
- Self-regulation - being able to sit in a chair independently for an appropriate amount of time
- Social interaction - working together with peers to build meaningful relationships and collaboration with projects and experiences
- Pre-school concepts - matching and identifying colors, letters, numbers and objects
- Fine and Gross Motor - palmar and pincer grasp, locomotion in and out of the classroom, and hand-eye coordination
- Communication - expressive and receptive language skills, eye contact, gestures/body language, sign language, and tone quality of voice
Therapeutic Music Interventions used to facilitate goal achievement:
- Functional instrument play: Working together or independently playing an instrument to improve social and motor skills.
- Movement to music: Using dance and yoga to improve social, motor, and communication skills.
- Singing: Using call-and-response, performing, and group singing to improve self-regulation, social, academic, motor, and communication skills.
- Sensory exploration: Using a variety of instruments and tools that improve self-regulation and motor skills